• Welcome to the TopoDOT Community Forums!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Title: johnhalifax@aimsurveys.comHow many TopoDot users in UK using UAVs?
Thread Modes
I only know of one other company in the UK using UAV's.

We have just taken delivery of the latest vertical take off fixed wing aircraft with a PPK. Manufacturers claiming 10mm accuracy. It's the Wingtra One PPK. Take a look at the videos on the web.

If you are a TopoDot user and you have a large site, way bigger than your multi rotor can cope with or you need higher accuracy than your existing fixed wing gives you. Then give me a call, we will out-put the data in most formats that can be used in TopoDot.

Hello John

How's it going??  Still using the VZ1000?

We have several UAV's and are starting to use them more and more on stockpile measure & Photographic progress.

Hope all is well

(02-20-2019, 06:01 AM)#keepitgrumpy Wrote: Hello John

How's it going??  Still using the VZ1000?

We have several UAV's and are starting to use them more and more on stockpile measure & Photographic progress.

Hope all is well

Hi Nick,

It's going great. Just told Elaine it was you who recommended TopoDot back in 2013, great advice.

Yes still got the VZ1000. Just done a big rail freight yard project, 380 scans and produced plans of 8km track, all catenary, all channel ducting and all other furniture. The new template feature worked great for centre line of rail and kerbs (roads between each set of tracks). Plotting the catenary was easy with the power line tool. Tom did most of the work, his first time with TopoDOT but Ryan showed him what to do. I think the one to one tuition is great and saves loads of time.

What are you using to calculate your stock volumes. We still revert to LSS but I keep meaning to get together with Ryan and see if TopoDOT can speed up the workflow. We measure lots of stocks inside sheds and silos and it means having to do quite a lot of cleaning up of data before going into LSS.

Have a nice time in Florida and keep in touch.

Hi John,

We currently have a beta version of TopoDOT available that has a stock pile volume tool.  If you are interested in trying this, let us know Smile