The tools in TopoDOT x64 (used in MicroStation Connect) are by default organized differently than TopoDOT x32 (used in MicroStation V8i). TopoDOT 64x tools are located in the ribbon on the top toolbar of MicroStation, while the TopoDOT 32x tools are located on the left hand side in the task bar.
Some users may prefer the left task bar, and many training videos utilize the left task bar. By following these steps, it is possible to display the tools in both the task bar and the ribbon simultaneously.
- Go to File > Settings > Configuration > Configuration Variables
- Click New
- Enter to the Variable field: MS_TASKNAVIGATION_CONFIGURATION and add New Value 1, then click OK
- Close MicroStation CONNECT Edition and restart it again
- Go to File > Settings > User > Preferences
- In the Category list select Task Navigation
- Select from the Presentation pull-down menu option Dialog
- Click OK > Tasks are visible on the left hand side
- At the end, select File -> Save Settings to keep it